Are you ready to make an impact in the dynamic world of international trade and agriculture? Pulse Canada is looking for a Director of Market Access and Trade Policy to deliver on our mission of enhancing market access and competitiveness for Canadian pulses and special crops.
Director, Market Access and Trade Policy
As the Director of Market Access and Trade Policy at Pulse Canada, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Canadian pulses and special crops in the global market. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Corporate Affairs, and collaborating closely with the Pulse Canada team on market access and development efforts, you'll lead the development and implementation of strategies to proactively reduce market access challenges and create new opportunities for our industry.
- Plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate Pulse Canada's market access action plan, ensuring the continued and improved market access for Canadian pulses and special crops.
- Represent Pulse Canada in advocacy efforts with domestic and foreign governments and participate in market access and trade policy-oriented forums.
- Dive into critical issues such as technology-related policies, export markets, tariffs, and non-tariff barriers to trade. Your findings will drive informed decision-making.
- Partner with industry and government stakeholders to influence outcomes related to trade agreements and standards, contributing to our industry's goals.
- Oversee the data collection process for our web-based market access dashboard system, ensuring we have the information needed for informed strategies.
- Identify opportunities for multi-organization projects, obtain funding, and manage project finances and stakeholder relations.
- Prepare reports, claims, and information for various stakeholders, including presentations, statistical data, and written reports.
- Actively contribute to the development of long-term organizational plans, annual work plans, and project plans to drive success.
Skills and Attributes/ Employer Expectations:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in International Business, Economics, Agriculture, or related discipline, along with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrate professional experience in areas of market access, agriculture and food trade policy and market development.
- Exhibit resourcefulness and ingenuity in approaching challenges and achieving tangible outcomes.
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders, building consensus, and achieving common objectives.
- Strong skills in program and project planning, development, implementation, management, and closure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively, leading the Market Access and Trade Policy program while contributing to broader organizational efforts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex topics to diverse audiences.
- Proficiency in planning and managing the financial affairs of the Market Access and Trade Policy program.
- Thrive in a team environment, supporting colleagues and consistently delivering on-time and accurate results.
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to professional challenges.
- Uphold sound personal judgment and maintain lawful and ethical behavior.
- Be available for travel as needed to fulfill job responsibilities.
Salary commensurate with experience. Interested applicants can send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: October 20, 2023.
Pulse Canada is the national association of growers, traders and processors of Canadian pulses, also known as lentils, dry peas, beans and chickpeas. Pulses are an essential part of a healthy and sustainable diet. Pulses and pulse ingredients can help food manufacturers improve the nutritional and functional quality of food products.